Assistant Professor, Biology, University of New Brunswick
website: Kim Davies
- BSc Hon. Biology, Bates College, Lewiston, ME, USA
- Marine bioacoustics with the MEOPAR-WHaLE project
- Ocean glider technologies
- Co-Advised by Dr. Mark Baumgartner, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
- Quantifying vessel-strike risk to large baleen whales in Canadian Maritime waters.
- Advised by Dr. Angelia Vanderlaan, Fisheries and Oceans Canada
- Whale monitoring: comparison of visual and acoustical estimates.
MEOPAR-WHaLE and Canadian Whale Institute
- Advised by Drs KTA Davies (UNB/Dal) and M Brown (CWI)
- Glider-mounted echosounder operations and analyses (zooplanktonic whale food).
Drs KTA Davies & CT Taggart, Advisors
- Sononbuoy acoustic monitoring and analyses (right whale behaviour).
Hansen Johnson, Advisor